Jack dempsey twitching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camj417

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now she'll swim the when she stops her whole body or just some of her fins will twitch. Water is fine and I have only noticed this happening now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well we're most certainly going to need a lot more details than that cam.. pics are cool too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tell me what you want to know and how am I supposed to get a pic of her twitching lol ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418248940.520728.jpg

And don't think it's a dominance and it's definitely not a breeding thing

And don't think it's a dominance and it's definitely not a breeding thing

Don't count on either of these because the hybrid in my avatar tries to fertilize a fake stump and even attacks it.
what is the tank size
tank mates
ammo, trItes and trAtes?

Tank size 30 gallons
Tank mates are a female Kenyi a male jewel and a female autrus and they have all been getting along
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418250065.397988.jpg

Its hard to say. He may just be getting to the size and age that he's showing dominance to the other tank mate's. 30 is a little small for him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I mean she runs the tank but she was twitching when the others weren't around her and I'll be getting 75 gallon for her at some point I know the 30 gallon can't be a permanent home

The only think I see that I don't like in my tanks is your Nitrate. Its not real bad but I wont let mine above 20. If there is no ammonia in the tank then the only thing I can suggest is a water change. That's always the first thing I do if I see something that don't look quite right to me.

I just did a water change Monday. How water do u think I should take out

Your nitrates are most likely twice that.. those test strips are highly inaccurate.. you should be doing 2 50% wc's weekly.. the jd looks ok but it's fins look a bit clamped. .

Ok I've been doing one a week so I guess I'll start by doing 2 a week and see what happens thank you

No offense please, you should get your self a liquid api test kit to get a better idea where the levels really lay..

I just did a water change Monday. How water do u think I should take out

With the stock you have in a 30 gallon I would say around 50% change twice a week.

Ok I'll look into the test kit and I'll do a water change tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom