JD questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like they are approx 2 to 3 months old. Are you asking for suitable tank mates for them in a 10g?

no way...(y)

an upgrade is in progress they will have a new tank probably this weekend, idk if i will even put others in the tank just curious what could go in there

Jw do You think a bigger jd would eat a smaller one?

Put a mirror in front of the tank see if they color up, don't leave it there though, look at my tank pics and you can have some ideas on what to put in there. Just ask I have had a few jacks

didysis said:
Put a mirror in front of the tank see if they color up, don't leave it there though, look at my tank pics and you can have some ideas on what to put in there. Just ask I have had a few jacks

Was that referd to me?

If the other was small enough to fit in it mouth I'm sure it would, mine eats gold fish a lot but dosnt really mess with my convicts that are a little bit bigger than the gold fish

Yea thats what i figured i was breeding them but the male killed the female so i bought 3 little jacks hoping to get another female oit of the three i have the 3 in a 40 breeder but i would like to put them in with the male just a little leary of it

No, and I have had 10inch jack with a 4 inch and no problems, The Jack I have is not aggressive at all though but then again I have not seen a really aggressive one yet, I am sure they are out there though. I would mix the sizes, I have babies in with my fish, I just took them out with the new peacock though, since he ate live fish all the time and they are the same color as my Red Zebra babies I figured I would not chance it at least right now, I like their mother too much and they are a really cool fish, they have grown in the tank since first born. They are just about 1.5 inches now with tail and everything.

Was that referd to me?

Yea my jack is aggresive he killed his mate not that long aho

didysis said:
No, and I have had 10inch jack with a 4 inch and no problems, The Jack I have is not aggressive at all though but then again I have not seen a really aggressive one yet, I am sure they are out there though. I would mix the sizes, I have babies in with my fish, I just took them out with the new peacock though, since he ate live fish all the time and they are the same color as my Red Zebra babies I figured I would not chance it at least right now, I like their mother too much and they are a really cool fish, they have grown in the tank since first born. They are just about 1.5 inches now with tail and everything.

image-3065778707.jpg

Thats my male

Thank you trying to find him another mate for more fry

ya supposedly my jd's are all "blue gene" so we will see cause i want to give breeding them a try

Yea you should its alot of fun i usualy put a piece of slate on a slight angle raise tge temp and before yoj know it wigglers appears

ya i have plenty of rock so breeding sites shouldnt be an issue, they are still small so they have a while unitl they breed

Yea mine were about 6 5-6 inches when they started its a really cool expiremce though they spwaned about 4 times until my male killed the female

Back
Top Bottom