Jellybean Parrot Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessfreshwater

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I recently got two baby Jellybean Parrot Cichlids one is pink and the other one is yellow. The pink one's name is Aurora and the yellow one is named Pudge ( yes the name Pudge is a reference to Lilo and Stitch). My question is, is how do I get Pudge to stop bullying Aurora? He's not nipping her fins or anything but he keeps pushing her around, and I can tell that it's stressing Aurora out. I have them in a 150 gallon tank with 2 angelfish and 5 silver dollar fish.

Jess, you are simply experiencing the nature of the beast. Somewhere in the mix of your hybrid parrots runs the blood of the Red Devil Cichlid. Your parrots won't be near as mean as the RD but they will have a little diluted aggression. You might buy an additional parrot to help spread the aggression. Most parrot fishes mouths are a little deformed, making it unlikely for them to cause much damage. You have so many options with your large tank.

Back
Top Bottom