Jessica's 110g Malawi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today my best friend bought me a new fish for Christmas ;) an albino zebra :) it's very small tho, gonna put it in the fry tank till its big enough to add to the 150 ;)

She's so thoughtful :)

I'm out of prime :/ I drove all over town & can't find any and really can't make the half hour trip to get more... I've been reading that some people don't dechlorinate well water? I have well water and know for a fact that there is no chlorine in it but don't know about heavy metals.... Do I need to worry about it?

I'm out of prime :/ I drove all over town & can't find any and really can't make the half hour trip to get more... I've been reading that some people don't dechlorinate well water? I have well water and know for a fact that there is no chlorine in it but don't know about heavy metals.... Do I need to worry about it?

From the company themselves. I just called :)

They state that Prime does precipitate certain metals in the water. Not site if this really answers your question BUT... If you don't know what's in your well water I wouldn't take the chance. If Prime is doing all that they claim to do you might wanna wait until you get more.

Just a thought.

From the company themselves. I just called :)

They state that Prime does precipitate certain metals in the water. Not site if this really answers your question BUT... If you don't know what's in your well water I wouldn't take the chance. If Prime is doing all that they claim to do you might wanna wait until you get more.

Just a thought.

Thanks! I didn't really think I should, just needed a second opinion lol Looks like I better get ready to go to Petsmart :/ ughhhhhh!

Totally forgot to update my happenings haha! Added a male Compressiceps, and a 3rd Botia Loach. All is well in the tank. As soon as my female Compressiceps spotted the male she was in spawn mode, she laid eggs, put em in her mouth BUT my male refused to fertilize them :( I felt so bad for her! Hopefully next time around he will get it together. This weekend I pick up a breeding group of Sapphire Stars, new breeding venture!!!

Totally forgot to update my happenings haha! Added a male Compressiceps, and a 3rd Botia Loach. All is well in the tank. As soon as my female Compressiceps spotted the male she was in spawn mode, she laid eggs, put em in her mouth BUT my male refused to fertilize them :( I felt so bad for her! Hopefully next time around he will get it together. This weekend I pick up a breeding group of Sapphire Stars, new breeding venture!!!

Just picked up my Pheno's, lil smaller than I wanted but I have the space to grow em out :)

Baby Sapphire Stars!! Yay!!

Attachments

• image-2438754137.jpg
    image-2438754137.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3287297983.jpg
    image-3287297983.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 140
nice tank. I had the same experience with my 150g. clean, clean, clean, the tank of you dreams is under there lol. If the seals look that bad you may want to reseal it before you get it all set up. then again if it holds water you may never have a problem. they are really heavy getting 350lb of glass into a basement was not fun.

ok well i guess i didn't read past the first page before i posted lol

Back
Top Bottom