Jessica's 55g build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Convict2161 said:
If your fish had veggies today i.e. There is IMO no reason to feed them again. You don't to over feed them. They are opportunist they eat and eat. You don't want that. If they had a helping of veggies then feed them there regularly food tomorrow. Don't worry they won't starve.

Fred them a balanced diet!! I feed mine cucumber, zucchini, broccoli and then NLS Thera A pellets. They love it all!

Also don't let the food decay on the tank. If you see them stop nipping at it pull it out after a little while.

Ok! Yea, they dig the cucumber :) they always seem hungry, and maybe its my motherly instinct or what not, but I wanna feed em lol

I'm here :)

Your fish will follow you after you feed them! Try it. They will eat no matter what. It not healthy for them. Jess you have Africans so you wanna be careful of Malawi Bloat so please don't over feed them.

My guys will eat and an hour later they follow me all over the place because they think it's feeding time. Once is plenty. I feed mine everyday, IMO it cuts down on aggression. I there hungry they fight.

Think about it. When your hungry your more hostile right? Same thing in the fish world. A full belly is a happy belly. An over stuffed belly is not so good... Once a day feedings IMO.

I would feed everyday if I could get them to eat veggies, is there a trick to it like cook it or something? I don't have aggression problems but my tank is a lot bigger.

Convict2161 said:
I'm here :)

Your fish will follow you after you feed them! Try it. They will eat no matter what. It not healthy for them. Jess you have Africans so you wanna be careful of Malawi Bloat so please don't over feed them.

My guys will eat and an hour later they follow me all over the place because they think it's feeding time. Once is plenty. I feed mine everyday, IMO it cuts down on aggression. I there hungry they fight.

Think about it. When your hungry your more hostile right? Same thing in the fish world. A full belly is a happy belly. An over stuffed belly is not so good... Once a day feedings IMO.

Lol, i am a lol hostile when hungry :) k once a day! That's it!! :)

Andrew McFadden said:
I would feed everyday if I could get them to eat veggies, is there a trick to it like cook it or something? I don't have aggression problems but my tank is a lot bigger.

I freeze romaine, it breaks it down so its easier to tear apart, they like the cuke just the way it is tho :)

All tucked in for the night :angel:

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 80
Awesome shots!! See those hiding spots really paid off and you did all that on your own too!! A true DIY gal :)

Some added Cichlid stones and your set ;)

Convict2161 said:
Awesome shots!! See those hiding spots really paid off and you did all that on your own too!! A true DIY gal :)

Some added Cichlid stones and your set ;)

Thanks! I think they were mad at me I kept hitting them with the flash lol! Yes! I'm excited! They love the stones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom