Jessica's 55g build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi!!! Im Jessica :D Just about finished my fish in cycle! My story starts out here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/my-fish-in-cycle-195941-77.html figured I'd start a new thread since Im cycled! Wooo Hooo!!! My tank is still undergoing some decorative changes, also trying to do some equipment upgrades in the future, slowly but surely!!! Here is what I got in there now:

2 Yellow Labs
1 Kenyi
1 Afra
1 Red Zebra
1 pseudotropheus elongatus ornatus
1 Yellow Fin Borleyi
1 Red Empress
1 Compressiceps
1 Red Peacock
1 Mixed Mbuna (not sure what)
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

I think that my Red Empress MAY be a baby Red Peacock, I been lookin at pictures online and found one super similar, we shall see :)

I AM AWARE that I have mixed fish that some say shouldnt be mixed but the dynamics in my tank are great for the time being. I have done my share of rehoming fish to get to this point, hoping I wont have to rehome anymore!

So there's my story! I will attach a couple pics :)

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
tank shots :) (y)

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 174
They already said what I wanted to say. So I guess ill just ask where you got all your fish from?

I'm all in watching over all
What are we learning today

Andrew McFadden said:
They already said what I wanted to say. So I guess ill just ask where you got all your fish from?

I'm all in watching over all
What are we learning today

Well I got the Kenyi and 1 lab for my birthday, the Empress from walmart, the other lab, the afra, the elongatus, and the zebra from Petsmart and the peacock, compressiceps, borleyi and mixed from a ma n pop store and the abn came from Toddnbecka here on AA, I think that covers everyone lol!

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm on a super strict wc routine! Prolly change it a little too often lol!

Hey I started a thread called water changes trying to understand some of the chemistry / science. Part of it. Maybe it will be something you would like to read, the guy that answered some questions could write an article.

Well I got the Kenyi and 1 lab for my birthday, the Empress from walmart, the other lab, the afra, the elongatus, and the zebra from Petsmart and the peacock, compressiceps, boryleri and mixed from a ma n pop store and the abn came from Toddnbecka here on AA, I think that covers everyone lol!

Lol nice fish

Haven't done too much learning today, had an ammonia freakout, which was probably for nothing earlier lol, did a wc and calmed my nerves lol. Gave em a piece of cucumber and even my peacock got in in snacking on it, that was cool! So I'm confused tho... If I gave em 1 slice of cucumber, that means I don't feed em fish food today? I thouht I recall someone telling me not to feed if I give veggies that day?!

Andrew McFadden said:
Hey I started a thread called water changes trying to understand some of the chemistry / science. Part of it. Maybe it will be something you would like to read, the guy that answered some questions could write an article.

I Will check it out :)

Good question, lets get convict to answer that. Ive never been able to get mine to eat any veggies. So does that mean your doing a water change? Lol convict help

Andrew McFadden said:
Good question, lets get convict to answer that. Ive never been able to get mine to eat any veggies. So does that mean your doing a water change? Lol convict help

I already did one lol, mine love cucumber the best, try that :) they also dig romaine that I freeze first to soften it up. Convict has been MIA today!

If your fish had veggies today i.e. There is IMO no reason to feed them again. You don't to over feed them. They are opportunist they eat and eat. You don't want that. If they had a helping of veggies then feed them there regularly food tomorrow. Don't worry they won't starve.

Fred them a balanced diet!! I feed mine cucumber, zucchini, broccoli and then NLS Thera A pellets. They love it all!

Also don't let the food decay on the tank. If you see them stop nipping at it pull it out after a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom