jewel brilliant chiclid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
that was the name of this chiclid at the lfs it is kinda pink lookin and has a black diamond near the tail fin
has any1 ever dealt with this fish?

Jewel cichlid, Hemichromis bimaculatus....some colour form....gorgeous, but mean as anything....I have some in with my smaller bichirs, and they do just fine.

well right now he is in with some yellow labs and red zebras so ill proly have to take em back or move em

well in my 20 gal i have 1 red zebra 1 yellow lab and i think anohter red zebra thats a male becuase dif color and i could move the yellow lab and red zebra into teh new tank with the new chiclids of that species but the new 1s are smaller than them and the red zebra in the 20 gal is kinda big about 1.3 inches maybe more and then in the 2o i would have the blue red zebra and the jewel but i dont kno would that work or no? the red zebra from the 20 gal may be over agressive to the ones in the new tank
thanks for your help

ya the jewel i have doesnt have that many blue dots but it is a beautiful fish ill have to watch out for his temper tho

also i was able to get the yellow lab into the new tank, he was swimmin around with his new friends of his own kind and i think he likes it better now without two bigger fish always chasin him down

thanks for ur help

Back
Top Bottom