jewel cichlid fry and parent separation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yee.simon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi
It have about almost one month since three red jewel cichlid given birth and the 50 Wrigglers have grown a bit but they are not the sane rate of growth so question is:-

When do I remove them from the parents?
Fear some of the will not survive
Do I separate the bigger one from the smaller one?
They are still in the main tank together.
I have liquifry and JBL liquid armetia.
I feed constantly day and night
How much water necessary to keep the fry alive?
I still other cichlid to keep alive I want to move them back into the tank. When can I do it?

Thanks / regards
Simon Yee

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130329_035740.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130329_035740.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 165
  • ForumRunner_20130329_035904.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130329_035904.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 178
You should be able to separate them now! since they're thriving in their current setup, maybe you should invest in a fry basket to attach to the side of their current tank. Growth at different rates is fine, it just means that some fish are eating more of the fish than others. You can buy fry food, or crumble flakes in teeny tiny pieces for them.
Why don't you just leave them together, though? Cichlids are good parents.

You should be able to separate them now! since they're thriving in their current setup, maybe you should invest in a fry basket to attach to the side of their current tank. Growth at different rates is fine, it just means that some fish are eating more of the fish than others. You can buy fry food, or crumble flakes in teeny tiny pieces for them.
Why don't you just leave them together, though? Cichlids are good parents.

I still other African fish which I move out the tank. A fry tank is not a good option but I found external fry tank maybe I should swap the big tank and a bucket what do you think?

I still other African fish which I move out the tank. A fry tank is not a good option but I found external fry tank maybe I should swap the big tank and a bucket what do you think?

Imagine I am a good friend and enemy the aggression is by biting hand no other fish I substitute my hand for other fish feeding cleaning part of the job

Back
Top Bottom