Jewel cichlids with other cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I currently have a Jewel w/yellow&venustus..they cohabitate well along with other Africans in my Malawi Tank...

You can defo keep them in the same tank even thought they don't live in the same area, but and it's a big but if you where to breed the jewel cichlids in the same tank all the other fish will be bullied for a few weeks, that's why I got rid of my trio breeding group because they just breed all the time, and the fry grow slow,
Hope this helps you.

as they say, it would work, provided the fish personalities dont clash. they are all individual imo and its luck and chance.
what have you got then? xx

Ok then. I'm going to add a pair of Jewels in my cichlid tank. Hope its going to work.

While they're both africans, jewels are from the rivers, the mbuna are from lake malawi. It's hit or miss as to whether they'll work, you'll just have to play it by ear. Even if you gave a lot of info like all the tank mates, tank size, etc... it's not really possible to say one way or the other. Might work for some, might not for others.

i have a jewel in my mixed tank, he tries to sneak attack the others when they come into his part of the tank but he doesnt pick on anyone nor is he picked on. he's mostly chill and minds his own business. most of my fish are a little more aggresive that yellow labs but i dont see why it shouldnt work.

Back
Top Bottom