Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Julidochromis Fry Dilemma

I've currently got about 48 Juli fry. The largest of them I know are hybrids, a miss ID'd Transcriptus and a Marlieri are their parents. I replaced the male with a different one, and they've spawned since. For a while i hadn't seen any fry, when they liked to spawn about once a month. I removed the Pleco that I kept in there for help with algae control, and they've spawned twice since. The largest fry are currently in a 20g grow out. My LFS will take them off of my hands, but they are too small right now. I'm trying to decide what to do with the hybrid fry. I do have options if I don't take them to my LFS. I'm not even completely sure that the new male is Marlieri. The pictures are the female and the current male. I think that the female might be Gombe, but I'm not sure. The first picture is the female, the second the male.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	314463   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	314464  

Tags
chromis, fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com