jumped to his death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akagochi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I posted about a week or so ago about my Oscar who I thought was a burglar; he jumped out of the tank and flopped around causing me to wake up, throw him back in, and he continued his happy fish life. Well, I found him dead this morning.
This time he jumped out of the front of the tank, despite the glass cover tops. This sucks, I really form attachments to my fish, so when something like this happens I get discouraged.......:nono:

Anyway, I still have an albino Oscar in the tank, and she has been acting confused and out of sorts. I think she misses her girlfriend.

Question: Is there an explanation on why fish jump out of tanks, more than once?

Also, I'm thinking about getting another Oscar for the now lonely Albino. Your thoughts on getting another female, or should I try a male, and if I do, what are the positives and negatives of the latter.

As always, your thoughts are welcome.

Fish just jump, some more than others. I would test the water to make sure everything is good.

Back
Top Bottom