jus need some advice on what fish i should mix with my three parrot fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
Hey guys....i jus need some advice on what fish i should mix with my three parrot fish......(blue with black, yellow, red)......i have two yellow belly barbs, and i have two jack dempseys .......all in a 55 gallon.......well i been reading about jack dempseys and found out that they are a bad idea........so im going to return them today and probably get two firemouths.......please tell is thats a good choice.......

I just ordered raInbows I guess they are pretty peaceful and max out at 3inches and the color chanigmg thing is pretty cool

JD's are not as bad as ppl really seem to think i have one in with my oscar, severums, fire mouth, pictus cats and convicts... i have just heard to much negative info on them parrots you have. A buddy of mine had 2 they were only about 6 in long and they killed his oscars that were 12 in long...

JD's are not as bad as ppl really seem to think i have one in with my oscar, severums, fire mouth, pictus cats and convicts... i have just heard to much negative info on them parrots you have. A buddy of mine had 2 they were only about 6 in long and they killed his oscars that were 12 in long...

How long have you had the JD? I kept one in a mixed 100gal tank - one of the other fish was a dinner plate sized oscar and the JD shredded the oscar's fins once he matured enough to establish the tank as his territory.

fishboy87 said:
Hey guys....i jus need some advice on what fish i should mix with my three parrot fish......(blue with black, yellow, red)......i have two yellow belly barbs, and i have two jack dempseys .......all in a 55 gallon.......well i been reading about jack dempseys and found out that they are a bad idea........so im going to return them today and probably get two firemouths.......please tell is thats a good choice.......

The fact that you have 3 blood parrots kinda scares me. Blood parrots can grow to a minimum 5 inches. The general rule of thumb I used is atleast 40 gal for one and an extra 30 gal more for each additional one. That puts you at 100 gal for a safe size tank with 3 blood parrots. I would stop adding fish and start thinking about going bigger.

Back
Top Bottom