Just bought fluval 306

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid.greenhorn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have been researching canisters performance and price. Found a fluval 306 for 110$ free shipping. It will be a great upgrade to my 55 gallon tank. (Currently running on hot filters)This is my first canister, what are some good media choices for my tank. I currently have 6 Mbuna and 1 pleco
All are about 2"-2.5"
Any media ideas would be great, also can you put crushed coral in a canister? I have a low ph problem.

cichlid.greenhorn said:
Have been researching canisters performance and price. Found a fluval 306 for 110$ free shipping. It will be a great upgrade to my 55 gallon tank. (Currently running on hot filters)This is my first canister, what are some good media choices for my tank. I currently have 6 Mbuna and 1 pleco
All are about 2"-2.5"
Any media ideas would be great, also can you put crushed coral in a canister? I have a low ph problem.

Bio rings, balls or ceramic media. And keep the foam stripes and bio-foam, just take out the carbon. That's what I did. I made my tank my flagship tank by putting a ton of biomedia in my 206 so I have a lot ready whenever I need it.

Back
Top Bottom