Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholton View Post
I beg to differ, but yes, while it is true that they CAN outgrow then tank (the oscar and the jack dempsey), they aren't likely to do that for quite a while... I had both an oscar and a jack dempsey in a 55g tank together years ago and they got along fine in there for over three years. The oscar had inhabited the tank for another 5 years before that and never got to an unacceptable size... IF they every are to outgrow the tank then the proper steps can be taken to find them a new home... but I don't see that happening for a while TBH... And I'm not completely sure, but I was under the impression that bumblebees got a little larger than 6 inches... maybe I'm wrong there though... And the convict wont get too large, but it should be able to hold it's own in there without a problem... They're pretty tough.

~Kaden
Just because they can doesn't make it right. Imagine yourself living in your closet for 3 years straight...would you be happy I Beg to differ.

Second a fish living in those conditions are prone to being stunted, undue stress and possible disease like HiTH.

Please don't give out poor advice to people asking questions. Do the research before you respond or don't answer.

HUKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just so you are aware, I have two Oscars in a 125 Gallon 6 ft long tank. I bought them December 26th 2009 which is just over a year ago and one is 6 or 7 inches and one is 8 or 9 inches. So if you plan on moving them within 6 months or so, I would never put them in a 40 gallon or whatever this one is. That is from personal experience.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I will for sure pay close attention to all the details that are involved in keeping these fish happy.

Tags
cichlid, cichlids, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com