Just got my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it's weird but since you've mentioned it the two folks r starting to annoy m lol I want to change the lights lol

Cichlidjon said:
First of all thanks to everybody who helped me with my stocking list, they're here!:dance: Now I'm a paranoid father of 21 fish lol:eek: How soon should i be looking to establish a feeding scheduel. I was thinking to wait until tonight or should i put some food in sooner. Any answers are greatly appreciated!!!:thanks:

What size tank do u have

It looks good, I have a 75, with Labs, Rusty, Maingano, & Hara. I also have 2 small zebra synos. They are smaller than the Mbuna & run into them, like you mentioned.. tank looks good.

Thanks to fish fool and Pam is here. Unfortunately I've had 2 yellow labs die in the span of 3 days. Ah well that's what happens to live things :(. It did motivate me to check my water parameters and all is good so hats a positive at least. I already have my eye on another 2 cuckoos or some bristle nose plecos. His hobby is addicting haha:).

It's funny u say that I love near hidden reef and they got a big sale coming. I plan on getting more slate to stack & removing that middle piece

Cichlidjon said:
It's funny u say that I love near hidden reef and they got a big sale coming. I plan on getting more slate to stack & removing that middle piece

There ya go! :) go for it.. Can't wait to see it then..

Lol my mom will appreciate it since she uses my old decorations. I'm thinking some higher pieces in the back. And some more depth. On another note just did a ph test after adding some home made plants and the concrete base I made increased my ph from 8.1 to 8.4. I'm definitely not letting it get higher than that.

I have cichlid rocks which are hollowed out ceramics shaped and painted like rocks. But when you use actual river rock do those have to be take out and cleaned often if at all? Maybe this can help cichlid John also.

There is some stuff that will lower your ph if necessary but you should be fine. Do you have a master test kit or are you using strips?

Douglas4701 said:
I have cichlid rocks which are hollowed out ceramics shaped and painted like rocks. But when you use actual river rock do those have to be take out and cleaned often if at all? Maybe this can help cichlid John also.

Cichlid rocks are expensive if you can't find anyone on eBay or amazon.. As far as river rocks go, clean them thoroughly before placing them in, & you shouldn't have to clean them anymore..

You can also use Texas Holey Rock or Lace Rock (limestone) instead of cement. Same principle. You can also increase the Aragonite in your substrate. My 55 gal is at a constant 8.2 pH. Nice looking tank by the way.

Thanks rotor head @douglas I use a master test kit. I'm of course gonna keep monitoring it but I'm not looking to adjust anything. Also @douglas cichlid rocks are cool but I like to build haha.

Cichlidjon said:
Thanks rotor head @douglas I use a master test kit. I'm of course gonna keep monitoring it but I'm not looking to adjust anything. Also @douglas cichlid rocks are cool but I like to build haha.

With Cichlid rocks, I've seen people incorporate them in with their builds.. :)

Back
Top Bottom