Just got my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlidjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
First of all thanks to everybody who helped me with my stocking list, they're here!:dance: Now I'm a paranoid father of 21 fish lol:eek: How soon should i be looking to establish a feeding scheduel. I was thinking to wait until tonight or should i put some food in sooner. Any answers are greatly appreciated!!!:thanks:

You can feed them tonight, just make sure not to overfeed.
Your tank is cycled right?
I

@ gman- absolutely the tank is cycled did a fishless over the past 2 weeks with a tank hat was established already!
@ dean jones- got 7 yellow labs, 6 rustys, 5 mainganos and 3 cuckoos

Yessir they're all little guys now but really active. I bought them from a recommended breeder from this very forum.

I got some Cuckoo catfish about 6 weeks ago,saw them about twice up to now ;-( Me thinks my Mbuna are bullying them at the moment,so they seem to only come out at night ;-) there only an inch & a half,so hoping when there bigger they will be ok ;-)

Dean jones said:
I got some Cuckoo catfish about 6 weeks ago,saw them about twice up to now ;-( Me thinks my Mbuna are bullying them at the moment,so they seem to only come out at night ;-) there only an inch & a half,so hoping when there bigger they will be ok ;-)

I'm not sure if all catfish are nocturnal, but I know some are. Have you looked it up to see if your kind is? My pictus is

Both my Cuckoo catfish are ? If that makes sense ;-) its my Mbuna,giving them a hard time because there small.They'll be fine when the three of them get to about 3 inches ;-) my Golden pleco's are only inch & a half,and they just take no notice of my Mbuna,even when my Mbuna are trying too bully them ;-)

@arronjohn20- naw I think the light difference is due to the fact that I bought to new hoods from different manufacturers lol. I dunno but i like the look haha!
@deanjones- both my cuckoos' are about an inch long but I introduced them first and once they got comfortable they just bump into all the other fish and keep it moving lol! The mbunas seem to treat them like another floating piece of decoration lol. I'm watching for signs of aggression so i hope yours are okay.

Back
Top Bottom