Just got my hands on a 55g tank? Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found an awesome deal on a 55 gallon aquarium. 50 bucks comes with a stand, light, filture, a few decorations that I would probably toss. The filter is a canister but not sure of the type. I'm also not sure what the lighting is but for 50 bucks IDC. I could always upgrade. I'm going to be turning this tank into a cichlid tank. What do you recommended?

Picked the tank up today. The filter is a Rena filstar xp2. What media does this take?

I've been leaning lately to doing smaller than recommended fish.
I don't have this, but a 55 gallon Apistogramma tank would be awesome.
Other dwarfs.
Firemouths
And of course the normal 55 stock Mbuna or peacocks.

I've never been able to find apistos in my area. I was thinking maybe a couple of platinum angels and a few GBRs.

I've never been able to find apistos in my area. I was thinking maybe a couple of platinum angels and a few GBRs.

That would be cool. I don't know if that's a good mix. Angels tend to be aggressive, and GBRS are sensitive little guys, but a 55 gives em lots of room.

Another cool idea is doing a tank of like 12 demasoni's with a few Labidochromis or Afra's

Where did you find that deal lol been searching long and far for a good deal can't find 1

I got it off of craigslist. If you post a wanted ad on there you will get a ton of replies. I am still getting them but this 55g makes 6 tanks in my possession and that's enough for me.

Yeah. Lol. I got almost all of them off of craigslist except for one i got from a friend. I got them all for free or a very reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom