Just ordered 6 jags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just ordered 6 jags for $34 on aquabid! They will be here tomorrow! I have a 55 ready and waiting. Ik most of you said wait a couple months to let the other fish grow up a little bit but they were only $18 plus shipping for a total of $34 lol. I will probably regret this later but i can always grow them up and make my money back by selling them to the lfs.

One of my fav cichlids. I'd say grow the others in the 55 and jags in the larger tank. The aggression as the jags pack on size is going to also be double, than the other fish. More room will lead to less aggression. If you plan to sell grow outs why allow them to be killed off in a smaller tank.

Just a thought.

They are from central america.

They are from a fish tank. Somewhere down the line their ancestors came over in the slave tanks, later their great great great great great great grand babies are having baby's that are being sold on the black market of aqua bid that should be arriving to a hobbiest near you! Boom!

They are from a fish tank. Somewhere down the line their ancestors came over in the slave tanks, later their great great great great great great grand babies are having baby's that are being sold on the black market of aqua bid that should be arriving to a hobbiest near you! Boom!

Lmao!! Ya that too!!

One of my fav cichlids. I'd say grow the others in the 55 and jags in the larger tank. The aggression as the jags pack on size is going to also be double, than the other fish. More room will lead to less aggression. If you plan to sell grow outs why allow them to be killed off in a smaller tank.

Just a thought.

I agree! Good thought. I just bet the others won't get to growing fast enough for him to ever put them in the big tank with larger meaner jags. Unless he sells all 6 and then moves the other fish in and starts with smaller jags again with them. That may work. I'm an overthinker! Well not when I need to be actually! Lol

I agree! Good thought. I just bet the others won't get to growing fast enough for him to ever put them in the big tank with larger meaner jags. Unless he sells all 6 and then moves the other fish in and starts with smaller jags again with them. That may work. I'm an overthinker! Well not when I need to be actually! Lol

Right. The only way it might work is to use the larger jag as the "tank boss" after everything gains some size to add. Long as they don't fit in the jags mouth and have hiding spots it might work out. A pair absolutely will not work. They could easily take a 125-150 as their own tank. Whatever would be added after they pair are at risk.

I might pick a pair out of the 6 sell the rest and breed th for a little while make some money up from babies and sel lthe pair then buy the festae i want.

Back
Top Bottom