Juvenile discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dennisbflo.n.y.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got my new juvenile discus from HansIMG_0479.jpgIMG_0475.jpg that's in a bare bottom tank and he told me to keep it at 87.7° I am doing water changes daily 30% and I'm using reverse osmosis water and I have a UV filter

They are checkerboard discus I was wonder how long I should leave the light on for a day if anyone could help me with any kind of information I have kept discuss before.now going bare bottom

Bare bottom is definitely the best way to go for young discus. I've seen breeders over here doing massive daily water changes of 80%-90% with bare bottom tanks. That way they can feed messy high protein food to get maximum growth rate without having to worry about water quality.

In regards to the lighting. Since you are running UV you don't have to worry about green water and can run the lights for most of the day if you like. A bright tank is good for discus as it prevents them from peppering up (developing black dots), especially for predominantly white discus.

Back
Top Bottom