Keegster803's shelldweller 10gal build thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what is aquatic science teach you, what do you do, i have been wanting to do 4-h with chickens

And those are Occie fry? That's really cool. I'm hoping for multie fry of my own. Is there anything special that you did to get them to breed?

Yup, they are very tiny when they hatch. I went and had to put them in a display tank for like an hour, so I put them in a 2.5 gallon. I used half new tap water, and half tank water. Then I just put em' back in the bigger tank, and they have been breeding ever since. And when I do water changes, I use water that is a little cooler than the tank water, maybe that's the key :p

Sent via echolocation

Like gillie said, add more shells, make a barrier between them. I would post a picture of my ocellatus tank but I'm over my quota on here and can't post from mobile. This is also generally a reason I'm not a big fan of brevis in a 10 gallon when they're not a proven pair, shellies in general can be weird. My male and female ocellatus hated eachother in my 39 column, but are buddy buddy in the 10 gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey freak, how's your ocellatus pair doing?

Sent via echolocation

Cooler water, live foods, and some patience, they typically breed like rabbits

I give them some blackworms once every couple weeks, but I am so happy that they have finally started breeding. One question, how do I get them to stop eating their spawns?

Sent via echolocation

I give them some blackworms once every couple weeks, but I am so happy that they have finally started breeding. One question, how do I get them to stop eating their spawns?

Sent via echolocation

Time, really. They'll get better as they go typically

Hey freak, how's your ocellatus pair doing?

Sent via echolocation

I got really confused for a second there, forgot I have occie, however the male died so I have a loner in with a pair of female altolamprologus sp. Sumbu white dwarf. Unfortunately a water change incident destroyed my colony of those.

I got really confused for a second there, forgot I have occie, however the male died so I have a loner in with a pair of female altolamprologus sp. Sumbu white dwarf. Unfortunately a water change incident destroyed my colony of those.

Dang, did the water wash them away? Or did the parameters change to rapidly?

Sent via echolocation

Temp shock, I did a large water change on a small tank, using a python, and forgot the water temp is higher in my big tank

Yeah, not the golds.

I do have about 80 multi fry right now lol found out who normally eats them too, my goby cichlid. Caught her snacking today

Haha nice. I was thinking about getting a goby Cichlid for the 55 gallon E. Cyanostictus

Sent via echolocation

Haha nice. I was thinking about getting a goby Cichlid for the 55 gallon E. Cyanostictus

Sent via echolocation

They're very territorial and spazzy lol make sure you have a lot of rock work if you go that route

You could do rock piles on either side of the tank, with the shells in the middle. This would provide territory for both the gobies and the julies.

I was thinking of doing 4 zones.
Left side shells, then divides into rock, then shells, then rock, so there is a territory for the comps, occies, Julie's, and the gobies

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom