Keeping other fish with African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some eureka red peocock fry. My male is absolutely beautiful. I keep them with plecos and that's about it. Maybe some clown loaches tha are of comparable size when you get all the fish. IMG_4112.jpg

Ah. Sorry for my confusion. 240 liters is only a bit over 60 gallons. I'd be careful adding non-cichlid fish, as it doesn't give them much escape room if your cichlids become aggressive. Many cichlids show only mild aggression to other fish that aren't conspecific, but, like people, individual piscean personalities vary.

I've got the red tailed shark in there with them and a pleco, and all seems to be doing ok. Other than that, its all Cichlids. I'll leave it at that I think. Image1483894939.493746.jpg

This is my 180g I have two tiger oscars two jack Dempsey one Mumbai lake cichlids two common Plecos and a birchir so far they all get along with little to no problems just chasing during feeding sometimes but In the past I have had North Africans and they are quite aggressive sometimes but every tank is different fish are like people some get along others wanna kill each other also my two tiger oscars have beat the crap out of each other for tank dominance I think I might have two males lol

IMG_4018.JPGIMG_4017.jpgView attachment 1

Back
Top Bottom