Kenyi Eggs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steli89

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394654964.437794.jpg
Hey everyone. I found my Kenyi mouthbrooding today. I stripped the eggs and have them in my egg tumbler right now. Just thought I would share.

Do you have them just sitting or do you have them attached to a low current bubbler? Curious on how you do it.

I have them on a low current right now. It's my first time using a tumbler and many of the eggs have already grown fungus. It's only been two and a half days so far. This is only her second time breeding so I'm wondering if some of the eggs may not have been fertilized. Does anyone have any tips on reducing fungal growth and also is it normal to lose eggs to fungus? I have already lost 15 eggs and I've been removing them as they turn white to prevent it from spreading. Also any tips on what temp I should have the water at for best egg development? Thanks.

She mouthbrooded once before and swallowed the eggs the day after, so I didn't want to take that chance again. My male kenyi was also very aggressive while she was mouthbrooding so I wanted to strip her for that reason as well. I didn't want her to have to go three weeks without eating too.

The first three I think I've herd they abort the babies when mouth brooding. I would try to maybe increase the bubbler so the eggs bounce more.

Not to mention they will abort the babies if the males are total Dbags to them..

Back
Top Bottom