keyhole cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishphenome

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! Does anyone keep keyhole cichlids. I picked up a pair today from Petsmart today. I have a 29 gallon tank. What else can I put with them.

I don't keep key holes but have been looking for pair and doing some looking into what can be housed with them. Because I keep Apistogramm's and only have room for a pr in a couple of the cockato full red tanks. I've found a guy who keeps them with GBR's Apistogramms and tettra's and a few other dwarf cichlids. He told me I could house them with my Kribs as well.
Hope this helps?

Also Welcome to AA and hope to see pictures soon.

They are a very peaceful cichlid, and should be kept with others like GBRs and bolivians. I had four, but am now down to three. So far, I don't know what mix of males and females I have, but one is much larger than the others.

They are cute, but I find that the bolivians and GBRs have more personality.

i currently own 1 pair, they are about 3 inches long, i keep them in my 55 gal, i do not treat my water with any buffers, only de-chlor. this is my stocking list for the 55 gal, hope this helps....
3 koi angelfish
2 keyhole cichlids
5 glolight danios
5 marigold swordfish
2 pearl highfin mollys
2 oilcats
4 stripped raphael cats
1 bristlenose pleco
1 male red-tail apisto
1 female agazzi apisto
2 spiny eels
2 red tail sharks
2 male guppys & 5 females providing live foods for the community...

Acer do you ever get fry from the key holes? If so do you sell them? If you do I'd love to have some of the young fry. I don't mind if there sexed or not. I just want to have some badly.

that i know of i havent gotten any fry from them. i am positive i have a pair but im thinking the catfish in there might be getting good midnight snacks..

Back
Top Bottom