Koi Angelfish breeders, I have a question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes but no.i agree with ghyti... But i have seen koi produced without his stated crosses. Therfore i truly believe its a phynotype.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes but no.i agree with ghyti... But i have seen koi produced without his stated crosses. Therfore i truly believe its a phynotype.

I understand, however, there needs to be the ability to produce the orange/red and that's the genetics if not artificially from the food. Here is a link to Angels Plus' koi history ( scroll down a bit on the page).Koi Angelfish Varieties It's not the original article that I read but once I find that again, I will post. From this article, it sounds like it's the same situation as the 1/2 black. 1/2 Blacks are only created with a double dose of 1/2 blacks but if their environment isn't correct, they won't express the 1/2 black pattern. Sounds a bit like the orange. It has to be there within the fish but diet and water conditions help the fish express it. What a PIA if you ask me. Just what I needed, another temperamental fish. :facepalm::banghead::lol:

I am lucky. Fantastic read. Always mice to have more knowledge. Thanks Andy.

I am lucky. Fantastic read. Always mice to have more knowledge. Thanks Andy.

That's the thing with the new( and some old) color forms of these fish. Some are genetic, some are genetics + lighting, some are light hours or spectrum, some are foods, some are water quality and, it seems, some are just Pot Luck. It can make a breeder crazy. :blink::lol:(y)

I would be very interested in the genetics of the koi you produced that weren't Gm/Gm - S/S or Gm/g - S/S. And how was it determined that they were Koi and not blushing Goldmarbles (Gm/+ - S/S) ?

I am by no means an expert or an old-timer and am just trying to learn.

I would be very interested in the genetics of the koi you produced that weren't Gm/Gm - S/S or Gm/g - S/S. And how was it determined that they were Koi and not blushing Goldmarbles (Gm/+ - S/S) ?

I am by no means an expert or an old-timer and am just trying to learn.

Look at the article I posted and click on the lines they used. It will show what else is in there but makes a phenotype Koi with a different genotype. (y)

Back
Top Bottom