Krib pair getting vertical brown stripes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jantaris

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all...
We have a pair of kribensis, a male and a quickly maturing female. Tonight kiddo called me to the tank excitedly to show me that suddenly both kribs were sporting several brown VERTICAL stripes across them. The stripes come and go and it's quite a show. Could this be a sign that they may be getting ready to breed? Or a territorial signal? Such beautiful, interesting fish that are becoming favorites!

Are you sure they aren't stressed out? I have a pair of m/f Bolivian rams and the female,when she's stressed, gets dark vertical lines. Then when she calmes down, they go away.

Sounds like stress marks, coud be down to aggression from another fish or water quality issues.

Ahhh... okay. I'll watch for this. Thanks. We do have some dwarf gouramis in there so maybe there was something going on. I'll definitely keep an eye. It's funny. It only happened that one time last night. Had never seen it before or since and they both flared up around the same time. We do not yet have test for params but just brought the water in for a test at our LFS and everything looked fine. Think I'll look at getting that kit sooner rather than later...

Back
Top Bottom