Krib questions.. is this behavior normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had a female Krib for about one year now(i posted pics here last week and was advised it was female). Saturday i added a male krib(per my other thread this board thinks male) and since i added this presumed male the existing female is constantly chasing and harrassing him.. its a 75 gallon tank with plenty of hiding spots...in fact, i just updated the tank from a 29 gallon last week so the female for all she knows is in a different envirnment..anyways she wont stop chasing him around.... its like she is out on the hunt for him... i feel bad for the poor guy... is this normal behavior? i would think with a bigger tank like this he should be ok, but she is constantly hunting him and chasing him..wont leave him alone..thanks....

Sounds like you may have 2 males?? Any dramatic color changes in either?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure...i will repost some pics.... the first two are the presumed female and the last two the presumed male...

IMAG0508.jpg

IMAG0512.jpg

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

She wants some freakin babies hahahah.. poor little guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes sounds like spawnin to me!! Shes going to be very brutal to him but hell be okay lol I just had 11 babies from my pair :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420492473562.jpg
    1420492473562.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom