Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Krib size...

I've never owned kribs before, and my wife was kind enough to go to petcetera and pick 3 up on 3 for 1 day(if it wasn't for 3for1 day, i would hope petcetera burns to the ground...but that's for another post). Anyway, on the diplay tank they were listed as Kribensis small. Are there different size breeds of kribs? They're about 2 month old in my tank, and maybe two inches long.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The only difference between kribs that I have seen are regular and albino. They can be a very pretty fish, and I almost bought them once.....but I ended up going home with Bolivians instead.

I hope you really enjoy them. There are a lot of people on these boards that have a lot of experience with kribs. It can be a veritable Kribology

Oh, and I agree with the comment about petcetera. Maybe we went to the same one.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

They probably had them marked that way as they usually get the youngin's at the store. I had bought a full grown krib at petco, then another at a different lfs and it was a bit smaller and then bought 3 at another lfs that were only half the size so that may be the case. Mine range from 1.5 to 3 inches.

http://www.aquariumfish.com/aquarium...id=3680&search
Old 09-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Anyway, on the diplay tank they were listed as Kribensis small
That probably just describes the current size of the fish. I have seen common plecos listed as 2" on one tank and 5" on another and that just helps the employees know how much to charge. It has no bearing on the size the pleco will get (although, it would be great to keep a common pleco at 2"!).
I remember Petcetera being pretty pricey when I lived in Calgary and their one saving grace was 2 for 1 day (which was still too high, IMO); I don't remember 3 for 1, maybe I would have bought from them in that case.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
krib

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com