Krib size...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermazz9

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've never owned kribs before, and my wife was kind enough to go to petcetera and pick 3 up on 3 for 1 day(if it wasn't for 3for1 day, i would hope petcetera burns to the ground...but that's for another post). Anyway, on the diplay tank they were listed as Kribensis small. Are there different size breeds of kribs? They're about 2 month old in my tank, and maybe two inches long.

The only difference between kribs that I have seen are regular and albino. They can be a very pretty fish, and I almost bought them once.....but I ended up going home with Bolivians instead.

I hope you really enjoy them. There are a lot of people on these boards that have a lot of experience with kribs. It can be a veritable Kribology :)

Oh, and I agree with the comment about petcetera. Maybe we went to the same one.

Anyway, on the diplay tank they were listed as Kribensis small
That probably just describes the current size of the fish. I have seen common plecos listed as 2" on one tank and 5" on another and that just helps the employees know how much to charge. It has no bearing on the size the pleco will get (although, it would be great to keep a common pleco at 2"!).
I remember Petcetera being pretty pricey when I lived in Calgary and their one saving grace was 2 for 1 day (which was still too high, IMO); I don't remember 3 for 1, maybe I would have bought from them in that case.

Back
Top Bottom