Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
calm lynda.... think pretty fishies...... i see what ur saying, they are trying to understand at least x
and the kribs are better in a male1 fem3 ratio, so what about transferring all other fish to separate tank (except like 1 bn or something) and keep kribs in the 1st tank? maybe get another (bigger) female?

LyndaB said:
I swear I'm going to have to find out where you live :banghead:

Okay, maybe you really need to spell it out for me here......

1) what size tank and with what other fish will the male reside?

2) what size tank and with what other fish will the female reside?

They will both be in a 20 gal tank when I want them to try and breed by themselves

(These will be the first cichlids I've tried to breed)

takes time, try to love their looks and personalities before expecting babies, or you will get frustrated and bored quickly. fish are friends, not computer games :)

1) with what other fish will the male reside?

2) with what other fish will the female reside?

I just don't think it's a good idea to split them up when you're not breeding them. Kribs do really well in pairs. If you introduce them only when you want them to spawn, they're going to have to get acclimated to each other all over again. I don't think it's a healthy way to keep kribs.

Plus, after they spawn, the parents take care of the young together. What are you going to do then?

LOL @ MouthBrooder..... oh yeah, I see the pretty fishies alright.....

All other fish I have bred have done it when I've wanted them to give or take a month

It doesn't seem you're really open to what this species needs..... I'm really happy for you that your method has worked in the past. Good luck to you! :cool:

IME, just add water and kribs will breed. Well, a little more than that. I fatten my female up with frozen bloodworms for about a week and then do a nice cool water change and they usually spawn under a piece of slate by morning.

They are almost like clockwork now. They are almost to the point that I will need to separate them as the LFS has bought too many off me. ;)

meegosh said:
IME, just add water and kribs will breed. Well, a little more than that. I fatten my female up with frozen bloodworms for about a week and then do a nice cool water change and they usually spawn under a piece of slate by morning.

They are almost like clockwork now. They are almost to the point that I will need to separate them as the LFS has bought too many off me. ;)

I have read all about conditioning them and what triggers them just not what size they need to be to breed

Back
Top Bottom