Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmtiz92

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm currently cycling a 36 gallon bow front, and in the mean time am trying to figure out what kind of fish i want to have in my tank. I really love the appearance and personality of the kribensis, but am seeing conflicting ideas on how much tank space they need (i.e. one site says 10 gallons and the next says 50). So, I am just curious, could a pair of Kribensis be happy in a 36 gallon, or do they need more room? I would love to have a few, but if my tank is not suitable for them then I will just have to get over it! :) Also...Would they be ok with guppies?
Thanks!

Ok. Would I do better to get 2 females instead of a mating pair? Would they be less likely to get aggressive?

I have my pair in a 20g long planted with xray tetras and kuhli loaches and everyone is happy and thriving. My kribs are almost 4 inches and watching their fist set of eggs.

I started with a 30 gallon tank and had kuhli loaches, a breeding pair of kribs, rummynose tetras and amano shrimp. Since your guppies would be up top, I don't think you'd have too much of an issue when the krib aggression level rises when fry are present. You can probably expect the krib adults to consume the guppy fry, however.

Ok, and guppy fry control is not a problem LOL I don't want to be overrun by them, so I could always put a guppy I think is about to give birth in a breeder net if I want to keep babies. Also, should I add my other fish first, and add the kribs last? Or does it really matter?

Back
Top Bottom