Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooperturner

Aquarium Advice Regular
My kribensis have just had some fry who are starting to swim and Iam not sure wether I should keep the light on at night.
Please respond as I am desperate and I want my fish to be happy

I would still turn your lights of as normal, fish need the light cycled to recreate the wild. I have a blue moonlight on 24hours a day, it gives a blue glow through the night. Cribs are good parents but in a community tank the fry will start disappearing, the best thing to do is find where she lays her eggs( my one used a upside down pot) and remove that into a smaller tank, or put the eggs into an egg tumbler

Turn the lights off as usually, and do not put eggs into a tumbler. Kribs are cave spawners and adhere their eggs to the top of the cave removing the eggs will cause the eggs to die. In the event you want to move eggs or fry make sure they are never out of water and place them in a tank with the same parameters as the tank they were laid/born in.

I agree, but I have had success with removing the eggs, I may have been lucky, all good points though.

Back
Top Bottom