Kribensis and Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just ordered Discus a Reference Book and it arrived the other day. I was flipping through it and was suprised to see that it recommends kribesis as good tank mates for Discus. Anyone have any expeirence pairing these two species together?

Never had any experience with kribs and discus Jerry. I do keep a few dwarf cichlid species now in my 125 planted tank. The discus and cichlids pretty much ignore each other. I would imagine kribs to act the same.

I currently have two discuss, one adult male kribensis and 2 juvenile males in my 80 gallon tank. They all get along and don't bother each other.

The adult male krib only chases them away during feedings. Other then that, they all get along extremely well.

Cool sounds interesting. I might try it. I lost a red ica the other day to what I assume to be internal parasites. He had gotten thin and dark so I quarentined with Metro, then I treated him with a de-wormer. Upon re-introduction to the tank two weeks later he was doing better but fell off the wagon again about a week later. So I re-quarentined him with the same routine, came home the other night to find him wrapped around the filter intake in the quarentine tank.

Note to Fawn... I saw the pics in the breeding section. Very impressive. Will you ship to Long Island? LOL.

Thanks Brian. If your're serious, I will ship to NY. I did last month. My only request is:

To make it worth while, I would like to ship at least 5+ out at one time. Still interested?

Back
Top Bottom