Kribensis cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just went to my LFS and they had a load of new fish! Electric blue rams, knight gobys, and 4 pairs of kribs! I was really wanting to know more about them so any advice on keeping them would be great!

Thanks

Kribensis cichlids ( pelvicachromis pulcher) is a west african dwarf cichlid. They are generally peaceful but they will attack tankmates during breeding. Females have brighter colors. This is an easy to breed species that spawns in caves.

I have 2 female kribs in a 36 gallon with 2 GBRs and 2 gouramis. They are semi aggressive so they should be fine with most fish.
img_2590375_0_3c9fcd51bc52549ea8678ab1b493363a.jpg

Kribs are great.

They are super passive and peaceful until a pair starts breeding - then they will be aggressive but not to the extreme that some other aggressive breeders can be.

I started with about 7 fry that I got for free at my local PetSmart, and now I think I have around 15 (more breeding).

They're very easy to breed, and they spawn in caves with eggs and guard the fry. This makes them a lot easier to deal with than mouth brooders which you might have to strip (and this can be difficult).

And stores will take them for store credit usually. Unlike those poor convicts.

Back
Top Bottom