Kribensis...male female ration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspencer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Kribs have been in my 20g Long for 11 days.
Male chases female so female is most always hiding in cave.
At first, both hid in different caves, not coming out.
Got dither fish so male now swims around.
Still chases female when he sees here but does not hurt her.
Both eat well.

Is there a male female ratio that would help this or am I worrying for nothing or would another female help?

When I first added my pair to my tank they bred within 2 weeks. I wasn't expecting it and I surely didn't encourage it any. Maybe other than providing clean water and ample foods.

They still breed, almost like clockwork, every month. It is just the two of them. I did have aggression issues after the first spawn but I separated the two and fattened the female up on bloodworms and reintroduced her to the male's tank. After that they are inseparable. They have had 5+ spawns and no aggression afterwords.

Mine was the same as Meegosh they bred in 2 weeks and they were NEVER agressive towards eachother not even when they had the fry. So i think maybe add more caves if possible more hiding spots and stuff might help

Yesterday I took out all the rocks and plants and rescaped the whole tank with an eye toward giving more caves/hiding places and using the plants to break the line of sight....

Much better today with both fish out in the open, the female even swam next to the male and almost rubbed up against him. He did not chase her away.

Dither fish doing very well...what a happy family

I don't think the dithers had anything to do with it, it was simply just the male creating/showing dominance in a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom