Kribensis with snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis_2004

Aquarium Advice Activist
Question: I am planning on making a African 40 gallon aquarium, is there anyway i can get a few kribensis, a few African Congo tetras, a few African fire barbs, a few African upside down catfish and some rabbit snails all to live together. Knowing that most are soft water fish but that the snails need calcium in there water to live. That might not be all the fish.

I had MTS in a 55g with my Kribs, and aside from them being white they were fine. The tank had a piece of driftwood, but my tapwater is pretty hard. Make sure that you've got a good filter, most of those fish are schooling ones. If you've got live plants, be careful that they don't get eaten. The Kribs will get mean when they spawn, so the other fish might get pretty battered. I've seen Krib fry eat their smaller siblings, and the parents didn't care. You can try shrimp pellets at night for the snails, they've got calcium in them.

Thanks I think you gave me the advice I needed, I have had most of those fish in the past so I got an idea how the aquarium would work. I just did not know how to get the calcium to the little snails that I was looking at getting.

Back
Top Bottom