Kribs, already! (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heiko

Aquarium Advice Activist
So its not been a week since i got my pair of kribs and it seems as if the chemistry is already flowing. 8)

I came back from school today to see my female with a small white extension on her abdomen. So i very luckily got to plonk myself down infront of the tank and watch not only the female laying the eggs (upside down on the roof) and the male fertilising them in the same way.

Some of the eggs fell down onto the floor does this matter?

Luckily the plantpot they chose to use faces right out of the front of the tank so heres some piccies! :!:

sorry pics wont upload because ive reached my max upload limit!! :evil:

Any ideeas how i can rectify this???????

Ah ha!

here we go,

Not sure never had any experience with breeding fish before so im not sure if the eggs are healthy. But here are the pics....

P.S. Is the female supposed to loose a little colour after laying?

Attachments

• dsc00864.jpg
    dsc00864.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 48
  • dsc00866_383.jpg
    dsc00866_383.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 47
Congratulations!

:king: :drinking: :bday:

The female will loose some color, that's ok. She is not in a breeding mood anymore and doesn't have to show off for her guy. So far the eggs seem to be healthy from what I can see. If they get fuzzy a few might be fungused, but just leave the eggs to the parents and they'll be fine. You will have enough fry later anyway. I have about 30 right now, already getting bigger!

BTW do you have any other tankmates with the Kribs?

Hey Tiffi,

Yes, I have;

2 Chines algae eaters (both aout 1")
2 Leapord danoi (want to get a few more)
1 small male pinaple swordtail (cant decide wether to keep him)
1 Large green barb (I love him but he will probably go, he keeps the male krib busy neway, lol)

My ideal setup would be later on to swap the CAEs for bristlenoses, Have a school of the danoi, get rid of the barb and im not to sure about the swordtail.

Just thoughts running through my head, I hope i dont get too many babie as this is all in a 20gal tank 8O

Like you have a community to breed your Kribs in I thought it's good to have some ditherfish like the barb or swordtail to keep them away from more sensitive fish.
I have the endlers which keep the Kribs busy, so they don't bother the Blue Rams. Do yours bother the CAEs at all? Mine don't care for the Otos I have.

Just thoughts running through my head, I hope i dont get too many babie as this is all in a 20gal tank
:lol: :lol: I guess we'll see. I'm already planning on getting one or two small tanks to raise all the fry.

Just thoughts running through my head, I hope i dont get too many babie as this is all in a 20gal tank
:lol: :lol: I guess we'll see. I'm already planning on getting one or two small tanks to raise all the fry.

LOL

:( My idea aswell but my mums not too into it, plus the fact im broke, lol :(

The CAEs do tend to get chased by the male a bit, but its nothing too vicious, hes more worried about the barb to be honest. :?

My idea aswell but my mums not too into it, plus the fact im broke, lol
Sounds like me, I'm broke too, exspecially as a college student. :wink: But I was planning on getting some store credit for all the pure endler fry, Krib fry, and lots of plants that grow out of the tank :mrgreen: .

thanks,

@Tiffi. Thats a point ill try raising the fry in the community tank this time then i can get credit and wont have to spend too much at the lfs. My next plan is swapping CAEs for bristlenose's when they get a little larger.

Its ben about 48 hours, still sign of hatching but i have my fingers crossed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom