Kribs and Rams in a 30 gal tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soh15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a male and female Krib right now, and was wanting to know if Rams would also be ok in the same tank?

Without knowing just how aggressive your kribs are I would say no. German Rams would probably not survive very long and decent sized bolivians would be constantly harrassed.

The more aggressive kribs would have to be added last and even then rams are not tough enough to be in a 30 gallon with them.

Rams are almost 100% peaceful and i would never reccomend adding them with semiaggressive fish like kribs. They will do ok in a 20gal alone though-the rams wil do ok.

JMHO

I have a pair of Kribs & a pair of Blue Rams in the same tank now for over 1 month now, so far no issues ..
: tank size 155 L, also in the tank 10 neons, 4 ottos, 2 Neon Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Golden Barbs, 2 Krib - Fry (2 months old), 3 Cory's

The the male krib is second largest in the tank behind the Gouramis.
Just wanted to share my experience, ........ not a expert

What type of footprint does that 155L tank have? (48 inches long?) The larger "floor" space (versus a 30gallon tank) may help to prevent aggression.

My Bolivian rams are not peaceful fish at all. I would label them as semi-aggressive and they will defend their territory against my pleco and they would do the same with the polypterus and red tail shark when they (red tail and polypterus) were growing out in the 29 gallon with them (before I moved the red tail and polypterus to their bigger home).

Back
Top Bottom