Kribs breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wwright

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here are my two Kribs, who I am pretty sure are male and female. The female will vibrate her body when the male comes near. Is this how I know I will have babies soon? What are some other things I should look for? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392948129.285758.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392948189.734737.jpg

Well she's definitely ready, are they together or is he ignoring her?

Have you given them a cave?

I made a cave with some rocks, but I am considering going to get them one of those cichlid caves. He is interested sometimes and not really at others. What does that mean?

Well yesterday they managed to dig quite the nice nest in the tank. Both of them did the work. I did also note that he is longer than her but she is fatter.

Well yesterday they managed to dig quite the nice nest in the tank. Both of them did the work. I did also note that he is longer than her but she is fatter.

Its normal for her to be more chunky than him at this point, just be prepared for the extra aggression from now on. If you are wanting to keep the fry go looking for some decent baby brine shrimp and other very small food for the babies.

Back
Top Bottom