Lab holding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sooo.

what i have thought about is how short that took the fry to hatch. were u unsure before u noticed the holding? 2 weeks. usually three, so maybe they are at more of a risk of being spat sooner if they were made earlier

It's possible as I wasn't looking for it.Please don't tell me I have to remove everything again tomorrow as I think she will be virtually impossible to catch with all the plants,rocks,cichlid stones and wood out!!

chill! what im saying is there is a small but increasing chance she is more stocked than u know and taking her out is safer sooner than later, but ultimately she will still protect them until she cannot fit them in there any longer :)

they are adorable!!! congrats! and they look like the perfect red-red strain. mine were the red-blue with some blotch apparantly haha
well done on the stripping, did it all go well? x

I hated it lol I thought I was hurting her and just wanted to put her back in the tank but I persisted and got them out.She was swimming a little funny when I put her back but she's fine now :) She even took a little food which is great as she hasn't eaten in weeks :)

mine did that too, but i figured i held her a bit too far forward and the next stripping went perfect.
aww! im glad she's eating too. sometimes they get a little confused and still dont eat but urs has forgiven you :L:L xx

Well she spat a little back out but I'm positive she ate some :) after I got the first 3 fry out I dropped her in the glass of tank water I was stripping her into and she gulped them up lol so I had to start again.
I didn't make the same mistake again :D

haha. well done! its so scary huh. but then u see the little bebbies and its sooo worth it!
how yellow is that red zebra? lol :D x

i see your point... however form that i thikn its either a crazily yellow zebra or the babies are hybrids and have taken on pop's colour. cool anyway :)

Well I bought 3 rz's and 3 yellow labs at the same time all about 2 1/2 " long and looking really closely she resembles the other 2 which are way more orange than her.I have read somewhere that female rz's can be a bit yellow.
The fry are all very orange and so cool :D

Back
Top Bottom