Labidochromis Caeruleus had its babies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russrimm

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well our labidichromis caeruleus finally spit out its babies!!! I think we ended up with about 12... Now, question is, should I take mommie out now and put her back home, or do I need to leave her with her babies for awhile? She ate pretty well while the babies were in her mouth, she doesn't look real small and hungry to me. So is it OK to put her back home? Will she possibly eat her babies if we don't? It's only been 1-2 days since she spit them all out.

Thanks

im not sure but arent those kinds of fish suppose to take care of their fry?? im not sure though.. u can watch and if u see her eating them u can take em out

From what i've read, they take care of them for a week. But watching them, she doesn't seem to do anything for them (that I can tell.) They're swimming on their own and she's swimming on her own, and no one's paying any attention to each other. What is she supposed to do to "take care of them"?

Back
Top Bottom