Laetacara Curviceps and Bolivian Ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm I'm new here. I have a variety of fish, and recently (about a month ago) got what I'm pretty sure is a male Bolivian Ram. I love Laetacara Curviceps and L. Dorsigera. I have read these two should get along, but should I get male or female? I do not want to breed. Also absolutely no fighting! I just would like one of these two and wonder if there would be problems with my Bolivian Ram. Thanks!

Welcome to AA.

How large is your tank? If you have a 20 long or larger, I think that a single specimen of L curviceps or dorsigera would be totally fine with a single specimen Bolivian ram. Unless they are breeding, both species tend to leave other species alone (given ample space).

Ahhh. . . that's what I wanted to hear! That they'll get along! The tank is a 55 gallon. This is a community tank, by the way. All members get along wonderfully. I have female bettas, platies, balloon mollies and cories in there besides the Bolivian Ram. Not overstocked. Should I get a female? My hunch is it might get along better with the Bolivian than a male. Is that what you would do?

Back
Top Bottom