Lake Malawi Bio-tope frustration...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you might not be a professional but the pics that you have are just as I explained! They are great! 5 megapixels is a nice camera.. Ive been thinking that a good 3+ megapixel model might give good results.. being able to toss pictures is helpfull!..LOL

Any advise for buffering up to 18dKH from around 9? anyone have any luck with the rocks they put into the tank? using CC in the filter the only method that works well? Is baking soda a good solution, as in can it be somewhat of a long term solution? KNO3 comes up sometimes.. I guess I could list all the options I know and ask for a opinion but I just dont belive I know as much as I could.. is 9 degrees alot to raise?

is a DIY Calc. reactor a bad Idea? for buffering the water.. if Im going to have CO2 anyway.. might as well put it to good use.. :?:

If you have CO2 it will make the water acidic and if you use marble chips or crushed coral the acid will react with the CaCO3 and your water will get harder. The pH may not be high but your GH will.

thats how a calc reactor works.. but I think your saying that using it as a filter media with CO2 injection for the plants is doing the same job.. this only recently occurred to me.. thanks for the advise though! :D

Back
Top Bottom