LED lighting options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank looks really nice. I love the drift wood and yes depending on what's in the tank different lights look better than the other

Your tank looks really nice. I love the drift wood and yes depending on what's in the tank different lights look better than the other

Thanks Chris! I like your tank also. Very clean and open. I bet your fish are very happy in there. Good call with the black background

Dino

It looks good. You just have to take into account that with black sand and dark driftwood the light will look different. Not saying anything bad about the light but things do factor in.

Also IMO those moonlights are just way too bright. It's a nice light don't get me wrong but I'm partial to my ML DB

I think yours looks a lot more natural. But both are good from what I've heard and seen, I run marinland on mine though.

Your boy is diggin the aquarium! No ball playin in the house!
The camera doesn't really give the full lighting experience, but it's still cool we can download examples so easily:) The fluval moon does seem real bright. Are your fish hunkered down for the night in their sparrow nests? Dino, can you post a moon pic?

I posted about the fluval light and no one responded. It was hard to find online and a tad more expensive. It does look good. So far no issues with my double bright.

Here ya go. Mine are all from my iPhone 5

Attachments

• image-4163382273.jpg
    image-4163382273.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 76
Seems real bright too. I'm not sure the I phone can handle moonlight pics. Try another one right next to the glass focused on a fish. Can you do a quick YouTube?

Tbox. Give me a bit and ill take another pic for ya. I tried to get the entire tank in the pic. I'll upload a YouTube also.

Your boy is diggin the aquarium! No ball playin in the house!
The camera doesn't really give the full lighting experience, but it's still cool we can download examples so easily:) The fluval moon does seem real bright. Are your fish hunkered down for the night in their sparrow nests? Dino, can you post a moon pic?

Here's my moonlights. I'd like to add that I don't use them yet. I'm going to mode the wiring so I can use a timer and be able to have daylight then moonlights for a little while then total darkness.

I'm a firm believer that its good to give the fish a period of total darkness.

image-2100298990.jpg

They certainly do need total darkness. AKA, quiet time.
I think the moonlight feature is cool, but it could still use some refinement. Point to fluval.

I do give them total darkness also. But the moonlight is very cool every other day or so.

That's what I've noticed with my iPhone 4s, it takes better video than still pics. I like your double bright day/moonlight vid. The shadow casting was much more evident and its focused better in video.

Yeah I agree. I can get a better one if you want but it will probably be the weekend. I have a couple engines to do at work so I will be late the next two days and the wife gets mad when I'm playing on the phone with fish all the time haha. I thoroughly enjoy the light. I'm going to throw in some low light plants and see what I get.

Dino, ID like to see your other light fixture on the 75g. That rock and driftwood structure should stand out more...

Dino, ID like to see your other light fixture on the 75g. That rock and driftwood structure should stand out more...

If I have time over the weekend I'll take it out of storage and throw it on for a pic. Here's an old pic before all the driftwood was added. This is with the blue plus bulbs on again before I added the purple plus.

image-676304774.jpg

Back
Top Bottom