lemon oscar question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13UZZ1NG

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know if lemon oscars are actually lemon oscars or are they a brighter version of an albino oscars, or even dyed fish.
been looking at some pictures and most of them have got red eyes witch is albino,
also Been phoning around some fish shops a they never heard of them ?

No they are not dyed or lutino, they are classified as Xanthochromistic Red Oscar. Xanthochromism is a naturally occuring genetic condition where red pigments are replaced with yellow.

Cool I want one with a super red oscar:)

will 2 Oscars be alright or not beacuse I heard u need 1, 3, 5, oscars never 2 or 4 ect.
btw that word is massive I couldn't even pronounce it:○

Yes two Oscars will work depending on tank size and tankmates, answer those questions and I'm happy to help. I've kept and bred Oscars for years.

Ok thanks, I was looking for rare fish thats why I joined AA to see if anyone knew any rare fish people did come up with some good fish but none are for me, so im considering oscars. im getting a 6'×2'×2' tank and thinking of putting in with the oscars black bar silver dollers, featherfin catfish, that's it realy dont want to over stock the tank. where are you from if u dont mind me asking maybe ill cone bye iscar from you :) as u breed them

While there are some rare color morphs I think Oscars are as common as they come. There SO many better options if your interested.

Yeah ok let me know, I just think oscars are cool, they get to a nice size haven't got teeth, colourful, and pretty easy to look after. What other options do u think

Red tiger mota is a outstanding looking fish. They are surely on my list for the future.

Yes I will never heard of them till u said do they get as big as oscars then

Googled some pictures of red mota some of them look like red terrors

Think ill go with Oscars im goi g to try get a lemon Oscar and a super red oscar:)

Back
Top Bottom