Light bulbs for African Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rare

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this tank on c.list and it was a reef tank. Came with two light fixtures with 6 T5 in each fixture. T5 /39watts. On right now is 12kk & actinic. Wat lights should I buy that will bring out the colors on the African cichlids & the aquarium. Right now only 21fish & will be bumping that up as I have the stock list.

Right now I have 3 actinic & 1 white 12kk. The setup first switch lights 2 lights & the 2nd lights the other 4. One white was strong enough & took down the others....I do like the blue at night...:angel:

d7e3.jpg

5f15.jpg

The daytime lights look great. I like that! I'm not a huge fan of the blue. I have blue LEDs an rarely use them. The fish get freaked in my tank.

The day time might be too strong & was used for saltwater. I'm not looking to keep any of them & looking for the right lights to buy or take a look at.

The day time might be too strong & was used for saltwater. I'm not looking to keep any of them & looking for the right lights to buy or take a look at.

Gotcha! I know marineland double bright are mixed opinion but I really like them. They give great shimmer effect. I like the current led+ too. They give good shimmer and you can customize all the red green blue white LEDs and their brightness. Also has multiple night lighting settings and some useless storm settings w cloud cover and lighting. Both about 150 for 48 inch. First pics double bright on 72 gal and second is current led+ on 36 gal as is third

Attachments

• image-1370865897.jpg
    image-1370865897.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image-314092480.jpg
    image-314092480.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image-503542036.jpg
    image-503542036.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 99
I have the light fixture already as you know just need the lights that go best with mines. Not looking to get a LED or different light fixture as of right now. Tks anyways (y) Living here in Florida we have many LFS, but they are saltwater. After taking down the 50g, I have room for a saltwater 29g cube later on.

Yesterday I changed & put 1 blue actinic & 1 white light on each fixture. Look good & think I'm gonna stay with that. I will add another actinic to see how that looks for a total of 2 blues & one white on each fixture. The white light will be the only one I change to a different one.

Back
Top Bottom