Loach or catfish for SA cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
75 gal tank with 2 marineland penguin 350 filters and 2-200 watt heaters and 7 small cichlids and 3 albino bristlenose plecos almost forgot the 11 tiger barbs!!

I was thinking clown loaches but another advise??

Fish4bass8 said:
75 gal tank with 2 marineland penguin 350 filters and 2-200 watt heaters and 7 small cichlids and 3 albino bristlenose plecos almost forgot the 11 tiger barbs!!

I was thinking clown loaches but another advise??

South American or South African?

Your plecos should do a good job as for loaches I'm not sure. I have Botia loaches with my Africans.

Your not looking to replace good ol fashion gravel vac are ya? :)

Yoyo or burmese border loaches are a better fit in a 75 gallon tank. Clown loaches grow to well over 12" if they live long enough.

up to 12 inch just depends on the fish and water and feeding. it will take years for them to get that big.

What does everyone suggest for me??
75 gal
2 marineland 350 filters
3 convicts
3 firemouth
11 tiger barbs
3 ABN plecos
6 mollies
????????????

You're going to have problems if the firemouths and convicts pair off. Firemouths will claim the whole tank as their territory when they spawn.
If you want more activity on the bottom go with a group of yoyo's, they're the most generally active of the lot. At least 5, but you could do more.

I love my dwarf loaches. They always dance around the tank together and no one seems to care about them since they are small. Your fish may try make a meal of them at adult size.

Back
Top Bottom