Located keyhole cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just picked up 2 Keyhole cichlids and 2 Uaru cichlids from Tropical showcase. They were in the same tank. They were all very small, but I prefer to buy them that way.

I ended up with 5 keyholes and 2 Tomasii cichlids. Salesman told me these are another type of peaceful cichlid from South America. Their all doing great, but I cannot find info on Tomasii Cichlids. Not sure if I have the spelling correct. Degbowl, what do Uaru cichlids look like?

Lonewolf- They don't have the bars on their body. They are though very small about 1 inch. Maybe they aquire them as they mature. They do have a faint red lining on their dorsal fin. And if they are tomasi,they're not south american but african. Deg- I thought Uaru were dwarfs being your keeping them with keyholes

I have them in a 46 gallon tank. They are not small like the keyhole cichlids but they are not aggressive cichlids. They won't bother the keyhole's. They seem to get along fine. They were in the same tank at the lfs along with some festivum cichlids.

I have one keyhole in my 55g community, and he (or she, I don't know how to sex them) is my favorite fish. They may not be that colorful, but they have a lot of character for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom