Look at the pic is it ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't see a thing. Ich is tiny white spots on the fish. Those picture are not close enough.

I can see a few white spots on the tail and the end of the dorsal. Also it appears that something is on his eye :/ The second photo is out of focas. I would quarantine and treat asap!

I can see a few white spots on the tail and the end of the dorsal. Also it appears that something is on his eye :/ The second photo is out of focas. I would quarantine and treat asap!

What's the best medicine for ick..?

Pimafix is good and it is a natural product so quite safe to use in planted tanks. It pays to have this and melafix on hand just in case. I would also be checking the water parameters because usually a problem occurs when conditions are not ideal. Sometimes adding new fish can cause trouble so it is good to isolate them a while. Increasing the temp also while medicating speeds up the life cycle of bacteria or fungus so in turn kills it faster.

Pimafix is good and it is a natural product so quite safe to use in planted tanks. It pays to have this and melafix on hand just in case. I would also be checking the water parameters because usually a problem occurs when conditions are not ideal. Sometimes adding new fish can cause trouble so it is good to isolate them a while. Increasing the temp also while medicating speeds up the life cycle of bacteria or fungus so in turn kills it faster.

So warmer temp maybe 80* and where can I get that med?

Even up to 84 for a couple days is okay. Does your lfs stock a good range? If not you should be able to order online.

Ill be headed out that way tomorrow after work ill look for it bud, ill be cranking it up to 82 tonight to get them warmed up

Also adding salt worked for me. I forget exactly, but there is a ton of stuff online about it. Think it's 3 tablespoons per ten gallons or something. I never used meds for ich. Just salt and high temp, which I tak all the way up to 86 for a week.

Also adding salt worked for me. I forget exactly, but there is a ton of stuff online about it. Think it's 3 tablespoons per ten gallons or something. I never used meds for ich. Just salt and high temp, which I tak all the way up to 86 for a week.

**** ill look that up,

Back
Top Bottom