look at this stocking list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
yeesh!! i have to fill and fishful cycle a few tanks for a QT period of of 3 weeks. if you have some advice on how to do it, please help.

i went to pick up some new fish, and being a good (ok improving) fish keeper, i had 2 empty tanks (45 and 20) cycled and ready to go.

well this morning i notice that the 45, which is newly planted, has fry in it... main culprits could be emerald cory or zebra danio.. i moved a red ludwigia to the 45 3 days ago. that leaves me with a 20 which is not ideal but sufficient for a mixed crew of cichlids. (so i thought)

so here is the stock that i picked up ( who were, incidentally, in a bucket.. idk how long for)

3 red top hongi 1 m 2 f
1 jewel
1 jack dempsey
1 maingano
1 convct cihlid
2 mutt breed looking things that will be closely monitored and isolated so no breeding happens

i transferred them to bags ( some had to share) and when i got home, one mrs hongi was upside down. she is in an emergency tank, but it doesn't look good, she's been bullied atrociously.

i know the previous owner did his best, but please help my babies.. out of QT i have species specific tanks for some of them. the rest are community..

Yikes.... if it helps, HN1 and I have a couple of tanks we could give you, free. They are not in great shape, but one is a 55 (with a crappy stand) and one is about 25 gallons (same footprint as 20 long, but taller than 20 long and shorter than 29). Feel free to shoot one of us a PM if that would help you out. We are somewhat local- Forsyth Co.

Last edited:
thank you for the offer, but the husband overreacted.. he bought the lot of 13 fish tanks and accessories on CL... so now we have a little more room to spare. Poor mama hongi died, although i would like to think she died not suffering...i am pretty sure she did... she was bruised, and i have never seen a bruised fish before.

we're setting up a 40 gallon right now and we set up a 10 this morning. tomorrow i will go ahead and set up another 3 or 4 tanks to start cycling because you never know when you need another tnk.. BTW the dining room now has 7 tanks in it, totalling almost 200 gallons.. it looks like a fish store nearly

Back
Top Bottom