Looking for rams to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for an exotic ram to breed, a "luxurious" fish. Any other non aggressive dwarf cichlids I don't know about maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Get yourself a couple different wild caught rams and see if you can't get them to make some babies.. I'm still working on it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was thinking wild caught German blues... Sound cool? Or do you have a better suggestion?:)

I'm not familiar with anything other than wc blue rams. The electric, yellow, and German are tank strains I believe and I'm not sure about bolivians..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah wild caugh Rams and German Blue Rams are pretty different fish in terms of coloring, the German Blue Ram being much more colorful as it was line bred for it. Bolivian Rams are found in the wild pretty much as you see them most anywhere as there hasn't been tons of breeding with them as in the GBR.

Electric blue rams are really nice. If you want another dwarf cichlid to breed, you can't go wrong with apistogramma cacatuoides.

Ivanacara
Taeniacara
Nannacara
Apistogramma
Dicossus
Crenicichla compressiceps, regani, wallaceii
Pelvicachromis

Just about any species of Cryptoheros are relatively mellow fish, don't claim large territories either. I had 3 spawning pairs of cutteri in a 75 a couple years ago. Not actually dwarf cichlids, but they are definitely on the small end of the scale.

Looks like wc blue rams are the favorite:) I'll go with that. Any links as to where I can get some wc ones?

Back
Top Bottom