lots of breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL wow just 13 my OB Peacock had like 35 fry, I am amazed, and now I have a Sunshine Peacock holding with the father being a really nice colored Sunshine. I am convincing the wifey we need to have a BIG fry tank :)

my fry enjoy the space of a 4ft'er.

the elec blue is only young, her first fry.. she's still only about 4" so not bad for a first effort i spose'

Hukit WOW I'm getting nervous because Ive got one holding right after one spit fry, I would not know how to handle that many lol

I like the electric blue that is cool

The only ones I save any longer are the German Reds, Benga, and Flametail peacocks and the mbuna spit in the display tanks even with hundreds of pounds of Holey rock I've never seen any survivors last more than a day or two.

after waiting another 10days for EB mum #2 to spit her fry i decided to strip her of them, its been quite some time since she started holding.

i got about 25-30 fry, they all come rushing out first chance they got but about 3 were dead and approx 4 more which i thought were dead but showed signs of life (a flicker when removed with a net) so i put them back but i think those few will die overnight.

so thats approx 20-24 fry alive, they were pretty hungry too.

the first batch of fry are doing well 10 days on, being fed powdered spectrum seems to give them a tiny bit of electric blue colouring in the jaw area already. just a tiny glimmer when the light hits them right.

Back
Top Bottom